The revolutionary “Personal Smart Buoy” netH2O is a small interconnected device capable of collecting environmental data from a water body and of uploading it to the cloud.
The netH2O can be used in single (or small number) of units by individual users, or can be used in swarms by professional users.
Elements Works has experience in large, professional buoys and the netH2O is a miniaturized version of them.
The buoy comes standard with a battery pack, a wireless charging pack and (in the pro version) with a wet connector. Depending on the application, powering can be done manually by the user (placing the buoy on a charging base) or by an external charging component using, for example, solar panels
The netH2O can be the center for a whole suite of extensions, variations and integrations, called “packs”. A short list of packs is: battery chargers (from the sun or other renewable sources), additional sensors (for GPS position, water transparency, pressure, sound levels, illumination levels, water salinity, water acidity, currents etc. etc.), satellite or underwater communications. Many more will become available and Elements Works will listen to users to discover them.
Basic recreational applications of the netH2O:
- Open water swimmers can monitor conditions in a location where they will swim, or monitor an area where they are swimming (using a smartwatch to catch cloud data)
- Beach waterpolo players (and the public) can monitor live conditions during a game
- Beach goers (both at sea or in a lake, or even a river) can interrogate one with their mobile phone, to monitor sea conditions before going for a swim (or before deciding to move from town to go to the beach). This service can be offered by their beach resort of choice.
- Hobbyist fishermen can monitor temperature and waves in a lake or stretch of sea, to identify the right time to go and fish.
- Kayak or Sailboat users can monitor conditions on a path where they want to go, or one they are already in
- Standup or traditional surfers can use one to decide if conditions are good at a given site. They can also receive live data on their smartwatch while surfing.
- Divers can monitor conditions at a diving spot, or a diving center can do it for its clients
Basic professional applications of the netH2O:
- A marina or a harbour can monitor wave motion in several areas to decide when it is time to go and reinforce moorings
- An aquaculture site can monitor temperature, current and waves for the right time to go out and feed the fish, or to lower the cages
- A water basin operator can monitor conditions in the basin to decide whether to authorize or not certain activities
- A marine energy site can map energy levels throughout the area to model precisely machine dynamics and to do nowcasting
- A marine preserve can use an array of buoys to monitor transits and moorings
Products and services
- About us
- Our main clients
- Ecological engineering and research
- Advanced services
- Community Microgrids “Blu Marina by Elements”
- netH2O personal smart buoy
- StingerBend seapool
- Underwater cultivation systems
- BDNS – Bathymetries dredging nourishments stabilization
- Elements Works Diving
- Operations and Maintenance for marine equipment
- Elements Community Map Services
- Marina di Pisa HWEP1 development